Monday, January 30, 2006

Home....Home Again !!!

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
Its good to warm my bones beside the fire


No place like home. And even better when the place you live is called "The city of Lakes". Magnificient. Yeah am talking about Udaipur.

Couple of things about the city
Its not in middle of a desert. Yeah yeah I know its in Rajasthan(thar desert) but this place is far far from desert. Its in southern Rajasthan and probably the only city in Rajasthan having so so many small and big lakes. 3 of them right in middle on the city. And the city itself is very small. 20 mins flat you can cross the city. I guess not even 20 mins.

I happen to live probably the coolest place in the town. Right next to 2 of the lakes. And when the gates of the lakes are opened to flush out the excess water the entire volume flows just just in front of my house.

Question) So what else except lakes?
Answer) A lot. Palaces. Grand Palaces. Forts. Umpteen number of beautiful locales. Mt. Abu is just 3 hours away(this place goes sub zero in dece-jan).

I never appreciated the fact that I lived in Udaipur when I was there. I mean it was so so monotonous for me. But now I know. Its paradise.
Would be going there in March during holi. Am so so thrilled. Holi with parents/frds after some 8-9 years.

Dunno why I am so nostalgic today. Maybe because am listening to couple of very cool songs.
1) Wish you were here
2) Time
3) Brain Damage
4) Goodbye Blue Sky
5) Atom heart mother


You people have to listen to all these songs. Immediately. I guess I don't have to tell the band :). Boo, do I have to?

4 Comments:

Blogger alosh said...

man, i see time all over the place :-)

11:17 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Yup, you have totally convinced me to visit Udaipur. Now, will wait for your wedding next year :D

11:29 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Udai I know dude. I was there for 10 years!!!

Figo Dude that is the song. Truly inspiring.

Casa Yeah you must visit this place. And don't wait till my marriage. Who knows how long will you have to wait? :d :d

12:26 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

ah! u r making me feel bad for postponing my Rajasthan trip :(
hopefully i shud make it in 2006

wonderful pic

11:49 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home