Thursday, January 12, 2006

Whats in the name ?

Am so so bad at it...remembering names that is !!!
I mean i'll talk with the person and when he/she leaves i'll just struggle to remember the name.
And on the top of it people have same names !!!

For the past couple of months i've been meeting people having similar names. Once classic example is Ritu. For the past 23 yrs I did not know even a single girl named Ritu(except, of course, my sister). I used to tease her that she has a strange name when written in hindi(ऋतु) and how un-common it is. But I guess I was wrong. The last 3-4 months have seen me meeting 3 girls with the name Ritu. Man I am so so confused now.

Another one is Namrata. Man this is another name thats pretty closely assosiated with me. But suddenly there are so so many namrata's around. The best part is T's sister D whom I know for the past 3-4 months now suddenly tells me one day that her official name too is namrata. Damn !!!

Then there is Megha(medha you too are in the same category).
Its like suddenly there is a huge influx of people with similar names. This can't be real. Maybe I'm trapped in a world similar to "The Truman Show". Who knows ?

Another name(surname) is Tiwari. Ashutosh Tiwari, A N Tiwari, Ashish Tiwari, A K Tiwari and Srishti Tiwari. Why can't this name let go off me. But the good part is that all these names have a very good story behind them.

The last but not the least. My name. Its so bloody common. I guess in 1981 it wasn't that common so I can't blame my parents too. I've had umpteen number of problems due to my name ranging from getting wrongly caught by the police in the hostel, to getting the wrong table in a restraunt and latest fighting with a VP in my office due to some idiotic misunderstanding !!!

I hope none of you fellow bloggers have these common names to make me even more confused. And if you have then do tell me the nicknames also.

16 Comments:

Blogger Casablanca said...

Since you cant remember names anyway, I wont tell you mine ;)

And looks like you have enough similar named people to trouble you right now :D

9:51 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

CasaNooooo!!! That means u too have one of these names. Tell me tell me

10:02 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger FlyingHigh said...

I have a not so common name, but people spell it wrong and pronounce it wrong all the time.

Medha, I want to know his pet name. Please. Tell me. tell me.

11:02 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger burf said...

abe yaar

chuck the names, enjoy the girls :D

:D:D:D

12:59 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Medha Oh no am not forgetting ur name. Tujhe kidnap jo karna hai !!!
And u dare not shout my nickname in public.

Shradha Your name too is becoming common these days. And u r not hearing my nickname from Medha.

Burf Dude, just an FYI, to enjoy the girls one must know their name atleast !!!

1:30 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger burf said...

ooye medha,

whats raul's nick????

pappu?

lol

:D:D:D

8:00 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Pappu????

Hahahahhahaha!

11:59 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Burf, Casa No its not pappu for Gods sake !!!
ewwwwwwwwww

12:13 AM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger Miss M said...

hahahhahaa...No its not pappu!!

(though that wud make one hell of a pet name for Rahul!)

BUT...its actually WORSE than pappu!! LOL.

Ok, im already recieving threat mails and calls from Rahul, so i wont say anything here..But Rahul, you better be nice to me then...or else... :p:p

That midnight buffet we talked about?? Ahem!!..Remember?? You know what to do! ;)

4:56 PM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

the fight with the VP sounds interesting... (wud like to know details :))

well i think the best way to remember names is to associate a funny incident with them

n u shudnt crib 'bout ur name 'coz itz the most sought after by the Badshah of Bollywood (yup! that SRK guy:))

9:13 PM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Medha Worse? I thought it was better than pappu. Rather a cute one !!!
I know you won't agree after all you don't have a single nickname for yourself.
And don't worry, that midnight buffet thingie is still on. Pakka.

Swathi The fight with the VP was really a bad one. My manager had to intervene. Don't ask about it :(

And SRK? ewwwwwwwwwwww

10:26 PM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

I said "single" nickname...meaning you have multiple nicknames...mOrOn !!!

11:09 PM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger FlyingHigh said...

Chotu?

Babloo?

Pintu???

1:09 AM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Shradha
Ewwwwww

Eeeeeks

Ehhhhhh

1:10 AM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Someone said...

U should thank God that u've a common name. Unique names lead to more problems as everyone mispronounces them.

10:01 AM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Medha, quickly now, whisper it to us... if its worse than Pappu, its sure worth hearing ;)

Raul, new post man!

7:16 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home