Monday, January 02, 2006

Friend - A very dubious word

Well since it is my first post in 2006 so lemme wish you a very happy new year.
And how was the new year celebration? Just one word -- AMAZING. But thats a different story. Maybe i'll blog abt it sometime later.

This post is about something else. Just about the experiences in the past year and half or maybe two or three. Well time does not matter. I've been through a lot of ups and downs. A lot. Money, Work, Parents, GF(s). Though everything seems settling down and am pretty relaxed now, one thing that still hurts/annoys me is the way how people(rather friends) change so so abdruptly.

I've starting hating people when they say "Rahul, you are my best friend" or "You're a really really good friend" and afterwards they just disappear. I've never told anyone that they are my best friends because I don't need to. And people whom I can proudly call my friends know this. I mean its just an understanding you need to develop and not just shouting one day in a restraunt/pub in front of everyone else swearing that we'll be best frds for life and other crap.

The other day on 31st I went to a party. Saw AP there. And I was just damn surprised to find him there. All alone. And I just knew that he must've had a break off with his gf. I know this guys for over 2 yrs now and he was so so chilled out earlier. Full of enthu earlier. Ready to go out and play football, squash, cricket. But then he wasted his last year and half on someone who just took him away from his friends. He almost stopped talking to everyone. Just that we were on the same floor. But I really felt bad for him on 31st. I just can't ignore my friends for no matter what.

This is just one of the many incidents i've witnessed during my stay in Hyd. EP, SL, MK...umpteen number of examples. But then what are new years for. Resolutions. And seriously I need to be more selfish now. High time.Maybe time for me to become like others ? Ignore mode on !!!

I know this won't take me anywhere but atleast this way i'll have only good friends and...
-- Not people who talk to you depending on their mood or talk to you when they want some favour from you.
-- Not people who are just another entry in your cellphone.
-- Not people who don't call you on your b'day while they expect you to call them on their b'day and shout if you don't.

I know people learn from their mistakes and am just one of them. But I guess its a little bit too late for me to realize all this. But then they say, Better late than never.

BTW all these names(initials) I mention are for my memory only. So that down the line when I read all these posts I remember the person whom I was referring to. I can curse him/her then :) :)

Happy New Year ppl !!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Miss M said...

Happy new yr Rahul!!!

And hey dont worry man, NO MATTER WHAT, WHENEVER you call me, i will ALWAYS be there to talk to you!!! =)

I get to hear the word 'AMAZING' at least 10 times in 10 minutes, a really cute & funny laughter (only RAHUL can laugh like that ;)) and listen about all ur frens and ur crazy, ready-to-get-drunk outings!!!

Of course theres ONE thing i hate which you talk about (sometimes)...*you know what* :p

Anyways, hope 2006 turns out to be a fantastic year for u! And you idiot, u better keep in touch with me even after i fly off to Perth!!

It's a pleasure knowing u yaar. :)

Take care.

=)

1:06 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

oye Medha yaar tu to senti types ho gayi. And u BETTER be there to talk to me :p :p

And regarding the ONE thing you don't like, they say, the grass is always greener. Literally !!!

1:20 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Miss M said...

Ya well...i dun care WHICH side is the grass greener ok!!!

I better not hear all that nonsense again! U, Mr. Rahul, BETTER BEHAVE URSELF!!! :p:p

1:23 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Casablanca said...

I know what you mean about so-called friends forcing us to change and becoming selfish. But I dont want to. I want to stay sensitive... even if some idiot hurt me!

2:27 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Medha I know WHICH side. Good 'ol days. Good old smoky days. Good ol' hazy days.

Casa You need to have a tough heart if you wanna stay sensitive. But when that "idiot" is a person who is very close to you then it hurts, big time.

2:44 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

ah, a post with filosofical undertones???
but then itz a part of growing up-soon u'd realize to recogonize those who r suppossed 2 b ur frends...(now do i sound senile or such??) :))

(btw whenz ur b'day?)

8:44 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger FlyingHigh said...

Rahul, I know what u mean, I even wanted to blog abt it. I had a fight with a friend on Jan 1st. Made me wonder who or what real friends are. I have decided not to expect anything from anybody from now on...

1:05 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Zii said...

isnt that a cover of some floyd ka album?

11:11 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Swathi True. Very true. Btw is this pic urs ? :D :D :D

Shradha Yeah expectations do delivery a killer blow when they are not met. And for your post you can just copy-paste my content.
BTW hows Bittu? :D :D :D

Zii Absolutely correct dude.
"Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Division Bell"
Welcome to Raul's Wall !!!

8:35 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger burf said...

yaar ~raul~ u got a template so similar to mine

chal have a beer and put the bill in my name for that

enjoi and a v h n y 6 to u

:D

10:23 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger alice said...

happy new yr man...will comment on the post later

8:51 AM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Zii said...

and if the band you are in start
playing different tunes...
ill see you on thee..
woo hoo!
i think ill listen to it now.

11:22 AM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Burf No its not the same. The colors are so so different :). But then WTF, welcome to my wall...

Alice Same to u girl. Good to see you back...

Zii Thats my fav song from the album. Too good. Very real.

"The lunatic is on the grass..."

9:50 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger GuNs said...

Hey Rahul (see, I dropped the mister)...

Dude, you're the coolest guy I've ever seen and you're my best friend EVER !!..

Errm...now, can you do me a favour and visit my blog about 200 hundred times in a day (from differnt machines) ??

LOL man, very nicely written. I've had MANY experiences in the past. I've had almost all friends just like that. I dont remember when last I had a friend whom I could trust totally, who could put me on the highest priority. I've been a great friend to so many people. Stayed up late, gave up a meal coz I was helping them out, walked my legs out, cycled in the sun and the rain till my head ached, got bad marks in exams...I've done it all for friends. Sadly, I've never yet had a friend who's done the same for me. Someone whos supported me all the way. People only supported me when it was in their interest. I realized it in college.

Anyhow, well written and I hope just like me, you are learning to live a lot more independently and not rely on someone's support.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

P.S. : GF(s)...plural !!! What are you? Kid Cash, the casanova?? Or Rasputin?? What do you do man?

12:34 AM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home