Friday, January 27, 2006

There and Back Again - A Bihari weds a Bong - I am Quarter Century Old

The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say
This might be a very lengthy post 'cause am writing all about what I did and where I went during the past week. So go pee, grab a coffee and sight tightly.

First of all about L & T. Two of my very close friends(actually closer than close friends) got married in a lovely wedding ceremony. Never had so much fun. Two days of absolute thrill. I just can't explain all that here. You guys had to be there to witness the craziness.

The Shaadi was simply great. Me, NS and SS danced like crazy in the Baaraat. NST, MSG I danced from your side too. Non-stop for 2 hrs. All those crazy hindi songs that you'll always hear during marriages. From "Aaj Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi hai" to "Mundiyan to bach ke rahi". Well I took 3-4 large vodka shots just before the baaraat was about to start and it hit me at the exact moment it was supposed to hit. Finally L's brother made the baaraat move a little fast as we were stopping the band at every 10 mts. We left the baraat as soon its reached the wedding hall. Went to a friends place and changed into a nice cream colored chudidaar and then came back.

And then the fun started. It always feel great when 4 innocent guys are mobbed by around 15 girls. Why? Because we have L's jooti. Finally we gave up and those girls took aways the shoes. I still have scratch marks on my arm. Bhai, ladkiyan aapke peeche kabhi kabhi hi bhaagti hai !!!

We were awake till the "pheres". L & T went to T's place and we went to P's place. Next day was even better. A proper "suit" party. With a very nice bar and even better dance floor. Again danced for 2.5 hrs. Then all of us sat down for dinner. Cracked jokes for another hour and then left. Here comes the best part. 3 of us got into a friends Santro and drover around bhilai for almost 3-3.5 hrs. Had chai and pakodas at a roadside dhaba. Heaven.

Trip back was not much fun. Except the flag hoisting ceremony at bhilai railway station on 26th morning. Felt so so good taking part and singing the national anthem on a cold chilly thursday morning.

And yes it was my b'day on 27th. I know a lot of you missed wishing me, especially some people with whom I actually spoke on that day. But then someone told me sometime back that I should not expect much from others. True. So no regrets. Actually some of my relatives called up. Infact a lot of them. Jiju frm france, Di from Dubai, Sways, Mom-Dad from Udaipur, Bhaiya-Bhabhi from Jodhpur, Inu D-Jiju and cousins from Ahemdabad, couple of people whom I met in bhilai, RajJ, TS, Blore ppl, Pune, US. Infact my phone was ringing throughout the day. Went out for a lovely dinner with my flatmates. And crashed as soon as I came back home. Was too tired to do anything.

Well all in all, a great weekend. Unforgettable in every sense. Been listening to Floyd since morning. All I can say now is.....

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

6 Comments:

Blogger GuNs said...

Hey Mr. Rahul !

Nice post there. I am sure you took a photo of the scratch on the arm and framed it and hung it over your bedroom wall !! Lucky man !

As per your reco, I will defi go 7 dance in a "shaadi" at the first chance that I get. Too bad I dont drink...but well...I can pretend to be drunk [:-D] !!

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

5:01 AM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger alice said...

wow...sounds so much fun...good for u...

5:37 AM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Awwww... glad you enjoyed the wedding! I also want to dance in a baraat... when are you getting married? ;)

And glad to know someone did sing the anthem on 26th!

And last but not least...
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to ~Raul~
Happy birthday to you

*clap clap clap*

7:50 AM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger FlyingHigh said...

Wow, u did have a super time didnt u? Even I want to attend a North Indian wedding. We dont have baraat and naach gaana in our weddings.
Of course I'll get married in Goa, on the beach (like in salaam namaste), I'll get some rock band to perform, ooh it will be so much fun. :))

Still waiting for ur Bday treat :)

3:09 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger the cowlick said...

we were stopping the band at every 10 mts
So that's what all the traffic snarls were about. It was all over the papers here! ;)

12:48 PM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Guns Thanks mate !!!
Oh yeah, the pic is there. I'll upload it sometime. And dude you stay in pune, right? Kisi bhi baraat main jaa kar dance kar le yaar...it'll be fun...

Alice Yeah girl. Hell lot of fun...

Casa Am getting married in 2007 :) :). Plan a trip home that time !!!

Shradha Goa? Girl who is in goa? tell me tell me...

Cowlick Oh yeah. And didn't you read the arcticle about couple of drunks acting like traffic cops?

8:14 PM, January 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home