Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Daal Baati - A dream in the rain

Oh yes, wet again.
I guess there is something between me and the rains. I mean Mr. RxJ(that's me) takes his bike for a long ride and he is bound to get wet. Wet ? Not wet but drenched. Its almost november for God's sake and its still pouring.
SM's Bday and we(me, SM, AJ, A"AG"G, AG,SJ,RN) made plans a week back to go a rajasthani place by the name "Dhola ri Dhani". Its serves authenticate rajasthani food with awesome "daal baati". For people who don't know what a daal baati is check out this
link. It started raining even before we reached. By the time we entered 75% wet. Had a good time in there until the dinner arrived. Ass#o!%$. No daal baati. And that idiotic person said that yesterday they had daal baati so its not on the menu today. Crestfallen. I mean I just love that dish man. Anyways am off to udaipur in another 3 days and there i'll get all what I want.
After dinner, usual gossip and after a small talk on the charpai we decided to leave. 2 mins on the road and someone opened the shower. Man, total chaos. And my glasses were the biggest obstacle. Maybe I should go for those glasses with wipers :) :). It kept on raining like that for almost an hour and by the time I reached my place even my undies were shivering. :D
In the end good fun. Driving in rains is always dangerous with those trucks/buses coming with high beams and open manholes waiting to swallow you but when you reach home safely you feel good. I felt good too. Nice dinner, nice paan, nice drive(o yeah!!!) .
Am sneezing since morning and even a D'Cold and a thick T-Shirt doesn't seem to help me. Time to ask the security fella to switch off the AC.
Achoooooooo.
God bless me.

11 Comments:

Blogger alosh said...

Did you take a camel ride?
Nice post man :-)
lol

11:34 PM, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

ah seems like a fun trip - drenched to the skin ah??? njoy but do ask those stupid guys to switch the AC off (i remember it was as cold as a mortuary

2:07 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

AGB Man I am not into all this. I mean I don't ride camels ;) ;). Only humans, females to be specific.

Swathi Yeps total funfilled trip. And seems in CG the rule is "Keep the AC temperature 10 degrees below the outside temperature".

4:02 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger the cowlick said...

I luuuuve the rains! especially in india.. in melbourne it just bloddy pitter patters when it rains.. you can't smell the mud here/

6:00 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Someone said...

Murphy's Law ;)

9:28 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Miss M said...

hmm, this daal bati sounds interesting. I also wanna taste some. But obviously wont get any in Singapor. So rahul, are you inviting me to your place at Udaipur?? ;) You BETTER invite me!!! Or else.... :p

10:18 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Cowlick Don't remind me of the rains. I just feel so so nostalgic. And the mud. I love the smell. But in the office here i can't smell it. No mud around here. Just rocks and gravel.

Alice Welcome. U seem to follow Osho??? Been to his ashram anytime?

Someone called Supriy Man Mr. Murphy is heavily onto me these days. I mean its happening with me everywhere. The other day I was givig a demo and something that was the only necessity for that demo broke. And "totka" for shooing him off ??

Medha Everyone is invited to Udaipur. And if u plan a visit then do come arnd new yrs time. Freezing. I mean if you haven't seen any real cold you'll find it there. And next time you visit mumbai make it a point to visit "Bhagat Tarachand" somewhere close to zaveri market. They do serve some good rajasthani food.

10:54 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger alice said...

never been to hi ashram..wd love to go there ....and u like Pink floyd too...wow....

2:47 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger alice said...

and i love the rain...and driving in the rain is so much fun......esp. on a bike...u dont like it????why???

2:48 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Alice Yeah I graduated from the school of rock listening to Floyd. And its amazing. Guess what, am watch "The Wall" movie since afternoon. Too too good.

And driving on a bike in rain is so so fun. Unless it becomes a routine. I mean it is happening with me quite frequently these days. And its damn damn irritating when all ur cards, imp visiting cards, notes get wet. Not once but twice in a week. Seems it'll rain again today. There is some cyclonic threat for this weekend. I hope am off to udaipur before it comes here.

3:01 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger FlyingHigh said...

I luv the food at dhola-re-dhani, I got to have daal Bhati last time, it was yummm. Am planning another visit and yeah I hope it doesnt rain then :)

3:43 AM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home