Sunday, March 26, 2006

The ringing of Division Bell has began....

The title might sound familiar. Yeah I borrowed it from a song !!! But why am I writing about it? Lemme start from the scratch....

Then.....
Date: 9.00 PM, 26th Oct, 2003
Place: Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
Event: Meeting Girish Rajan(Gary) over dinner at the guest house. Yeah for the first time am taking someone's name here on the post. Believe me, the guy deserves it.

The first impression of him was of an overprotected g6uy. A person who had lived his entire life in Delhi with his parents. No booze/smoke/late night outs and all the other 'bad' stuff I did. We were together in the initial training and then we hit off. Big time. Were flatmates for the next 29 months.


Now.....
Date: 2.00 AM, 25th March, 2006
Place: Hyderabad Airport
Event: Seeing off Gary. He moved back to Delhi. Better job. Good pay. His own house. His car. With his parents. Minus all of us here at Hyd.

We had a great last few days together. If I can say, "Had the time of my life". Total masti. Had to break my "no booze" promise. Just had beer. Was sad throughout the week. Friday was the saddest. Even my boss could make out from my face that something was wrong.

I know we'll meet again in life but then things would change.
.....No more alu/gobhi paranthas on sat/sun
.....No more guitar together(no matter how bad we played)
.....No more movies at Prasadz/PVR/Anand
.....No more sipping chai at the thela next to our house
.....And no more Holi/New Year/Runway 9 together

Sob Sob.....
I tried not to cry in front of Gary. I managed to do that. But as soon as he went to check in and the automatic gates closed I just burst. Nobody expected that. Not even myself. Its been some while I cried. I guess it was bound to happen. I din't even cry when my di got married.

And then it hit me. Everyone would leave. I mean most of the people in my gang are from Delhi or Mumbai or Bangalore. And they would always find a better job and move to their respective home towns. Even my other flatmate is from Amritsar and he too wants to move to Delhi.
Coming weeks would definitely hit me. Hard. Wo kahte hai na ki thoda time lagta hai adjust hone main. I was at home for most of the weekend. Doing nothing.

And I am becoming all senti now. But then for me its not the first such moment for me. A lot of friends have left. IIT wale, Bangalore wale and Hyderabad wale. But then there are some people who leave a real good legend behind them.

Gary is one of them !!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Garima said...

Hi Raul, well wat all i can say is tht no1 stays wid u for life long..its only u & ur inpressions.. ur sweet memories, ..every one whom v meet has to depart sm or the other day , but u r true..sm ppl really leave u as dumb after their departure...:-( But then this is all wat life is abt.. Grab each & every moment given to u & try to shade ue sorrows as musch as possible... remember all the loving moments & 4get the sad ones.
& nomatter how far a true friend is.. he/he is always close to ur heart..isnt it?? u'l never miss him& whenever u'l feel lonely u'l find him standing next to u...
Cheer Up Dude!!

8:08 PM, March 26, 2006  
Blogger Casablanca said...

I wish there was some way that we could have all our friends and favourite people in one city :(

I feel your pain... have faced it too many times already. *hugs*

1:08 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger rashmialways said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:08 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger rashmialways said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:13 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

gosh, jus reading it gives me goose-flesh since we all have such moments in our life and they do leave us such nostalgic moments which we can look back and smile

2:14 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger rashmialways said...

No senti comments from my side..
guys cheer up ,
We 'll plan something gr8 soon to get back our golden days with our gems(which we think we have lost but still r with us) :::)))

2:15 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger alice said...

come here i'll give u a big hug....
and then we both can go out and get sloshed...

4:43 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

Thanks people for the comments. Seems i'll be strong again.

Gary Thanks for the wonderful write up.

Shefali, Sunil, Varsha, Rashmi, Swathi, Garima, Sabih Thanks for the cute cute lines and support.

Alice Getting sloshed? Hell yeah. Delhi would be next on the agenda. Soooon..........

2:42 AM, March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home