Thursday, November 15, 2007

I can smell it

Hickkkkk

You know what :)

After a surprising sober weekend, I am up for a nice turbulent and hazy weekend. Last week due to diwali and then a trip to some over-hyped castle, there was not enough(!) time to drink. I'll come up with the castle story later on.

Couple of friends were at my place last weekend and after a round of some vodka(I never said I did not drink) we decided to play Monopoly. As a kid I used to love this game, though I still owe millions(perhaps billions) to my opponents :D. We went to the nearest shop and bought a brand new electronic Monopoly. There is no banker in this game, instead we get 6 credit cards and one swiping machine. The machine has 2 slots in which you can swipe 2 cards and give or take money. Its fun. We played for almost 4 hours and as usual I ended up being the first one to go bankrupt. The credit card thingie is the best part. Its amazing how small small innovations can turn a slow game to a pretty fast paced game.

Yeah now the castle trip. We drove to Windsor Castle on saturday. Its supposed to be one of the best castles around. Its rubbish. No doubt, it's very well maintained and beautifully decorated. But thats it. I have seen much more bigger, royal and better forts and palaces in India and they're lovely. This one is a bit too commercialized. But overall the trip was good. Lovely drive and great food and then, ofcourse, the Monopoly.

Am meeting up with an old friend tomorrow. I haven't seen him for over 9 years now. Hopefully my work allows me to leave early.

The main topic at work was on why we do have 2 high and 2 low tides each day. The first one is easy to guess - because of the moon's gravitational pull. Am curious about the second. I read about it long time back but just cannot remember it. I know I can find the answer on google but then its not fun. I will think about it during the weekend and who knows with couple of beers down I can suddenly get the answer. Otherwise i'll search for it on Monday evening !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger alosh said...

Monopoly with credit cards :)
Doesnt that take the fun out of the game?

A colleague of mine was saying that she finds our office pretty calm and quite place. Told her she should have joined few years back.

10:38 PM, November 20, 2007  
Blogger ~RAUL~ said...

AGB, When you're high the credit card thingie is total fun. Try it out !!!

And yeah, the office(old one) seems a quiet place now.

1:06 PM, November 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home