Thursday, November 22, 2007

And the winner is...

Ken Dod's Dad's Dog's Dead

Our team name at the wednesday quiz night. We won by 3 points and got a free pass for next week's quiz. The pub is not a great place but then the quiz-night makes it fun.

Got majorly intoxicated during and after the quiz. It's fun being out with 40 ppl from your company and then you actually see them in their real self.

After the quiz I managed to stumble towards the tube. I was at the Hampstead station for the first time and I took the stairs to get down to the platform. The staircase itself was a very narrow winding one and so I had to get down really slow to avoid tumbling down. After climbing down for almost 4 mins I realized that the stairs are not ending at all and thats when I had a brief panic attack. I could hear the tube going down below and at the same time I thought that I have taken a wrong staircase and this will lead me to one of those dark and smelly tunnels. Fortunately after 2-3 more mins, to my relief, reached the platform and got on the tube.

Today evening when I curiously googled about the "Hampstead tube station stairs", I got the following info on
Wikipedia.

The station platforms are the deepest London Underground station, at 58.5 metres or 192 feet below ground level, in the Guinness Book of Records, the 'deepest station in the world'. It has the deepest lift shaft on the Underground at 181 feet deep. The station is serviced by lifts and there is also a spiral emergency staircase, made up of 300 steps.

I want to go there once more and count the steps myself.

Maybe next weekend !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Allright!
Good work there.

I am back in Leeds now. What're you doing for Christmas?

book a trip to Leeds one of the coming weekends and we could hang around and ogle at chicks and the usual!

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

3:06 AM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger Ms.N said...

monopoly sounds good.

Such a long time though - so looking fwd to coming back or?

3:49 AM, December 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home